Saturday, January 06, 2007

Chin's blogosphere...

hello everyone! (can just hear Grover now...)

I was reading thru past posts here and realized this is technically my first blog and it's turned into a playground of sorts - not really paying attention to "looking good" or "having to say the right thing" which technically is the true spirit of blogging right?

anyhoo - thought it makes sense to put cross-links to my active blog on LiveJournal

I've been quite loyal to LiveJournal for the past 3 years in Thailand and now starting to get a little frustrated by it. The RTF editor has gotten a bit too fancy to cause performance issues and having a lot of trouble embedding video in my community blog (entry) - some odd "Movie not loaded..." error from what I assume is an embedded Flash-based movie player - what is even more odd is if you click "About Adobe Flash Player 9..." it goes to my FIBO profile - wtf?!? This is when supporting open source just goes wrong... *sigh*

Given I haven't found anyone to play with the community feature of LJ - I may very well play around with creating a community blog here with multiple contributors.

I'm pretty much convinced after discovering a service called DevjaVu.com - free, hosted services are the way go if you're a grassroots organization!

ok - now for the video test



I'm sure it works here - enjoy!

what happened {
  • the /embed tag won't stay - it works fine in the preview - wtf?!? - doh!
  • This article is helpful
  • added "embed /" and the validator resolved it to embed *shrug*
  • this one might be a useful reference too in figuring out how to use the object tag
  • it changes "embed /" to "embed" and now complains tag is not closed
  • checked "Stop showing errors for this post" - go away!
  • it works :)
}

No comments: