Thursday, September 14, 2006
Saturday, July 22, 2006
|test to integrate Google Video into my blog (esp after recent YouTube terms & conditions changes!)|
a Japanese friend of mine says the guest woman doesn't even look Japanese! (didn't ask her if she's really speaking Japanese - I hope so!)
Saturday, July 15, 2006
Friday, July 14, 2006
One of the biggest reasons peeps put photos on Flickr is the fact that photos can be statically linked not to mention their API is quite open so Flock integrations are to be expected.
So if all goes well - this will be a picture of my friend G who just left for the states after 2 1/2 years in Thailand. He is one of the best friends I made during the last 3 years and here he is trying Skype for the first time - exactly how we plan to keep in touch!
ok - now to try to drag a photo from the photo bar!
ps. intersting coinky-dink - just saw this post by YackPack founder that audio sustains itself more than photos! (Flock community: look fwd to the audio/multimedia integration next!)
Blogged with Flock
I'm playing around with evaluating Flock right now. I wasn't too hot on it 9 months ago but ever since I saw a photo integration with PhotoBucket and realized they also have Flickr support, I decided to give it another look.
So far it's a mixed experience - not quite Firefox, not quite Camino, not quite Mac OS X (aka. I want my emacs bindings dammit!), not quite a RSS Reader like Vienna. All the elements are there and it's gonna be a tough call from a UI perspective as to how to integrate it all together: blogs, photos, news, web, favorites, etc.
If all works well - this will go out to my mashup blog!
Blogged with Flock
Monday, July 10, 2006
after taking on being debt-free through college and into my professional life – i fell into debt when i lost my job and decided to start something on my own. it wasn’t until I got out to Thailand and decided I’d start over that I gave up material assets in the spirit of peace of mind – best thing I could have ever done!
now the confidence to take on debt again after you’ve reach this point is really the tricky part – borrowing money has value!!!
Friday, May 05, 2006
Thursday, March 02, 2006
the new mac mini is out! Intel Core Duo - say it isn't true!
what I like:
- built-in line in (no more iMic folks)
- *4* USB ports (toss the hub)
- Tiger (hey i'm ole skool with Panther on my original mini)
- iLife 06 (the anti-productivity suite! :) (seriously look fwd to creating my first podcast - i need to get an iPod though!)
- the remote (Morn will love this one - why be so excited about a TV? i hope they ironed out the kinks in Front Row though - it sucked last i tried it - it was a hack though so take my comments with a grain of salt)
will have to invest in:
- DL SuperDrive (ok i'm sick of my hokey homeboy external DVD-RW - just gets in the way! double layer to boot)
- 120GB HDD (i might be proud to get my base
install down to 2GB - redundancy is king! speaking of which - i gotta get round to that cron job...)
- another 1GB (i just bought a 1 gig stick!)
will have to figure out what to do with:
- bluetooth (been dreaming of Skype 100m bluetooth headset instead of buying a cordless phone!)
- wifi (won't have immediate use - thought about AirTunes though. will get rid of the obnoxious phone wire that goes across the whole condo though!)
ok - i'm gonna have to figure out how to scrunge up $799...definitely not an immediate need so "not now" is cool - however the minute someone figures out how to get Windoze to boot - i'm already there! :) (btw, it's beyond me why they didn't include such support in the first place...so goes life!)
ps. so how do I set the title on this post from this widget - was this an oversight or am I missing something?
Now whether this development will cause me to give up my LiveJournal the boot - only time will tell! ;-)
On my wish list:
- Google Calendar
- Google Desktop integrated with Spotlight
- full Plaxo/Google/AB/iCal integration
some words from your sponsor...
This widget has successfully logged in! Replace this text with your
You can use ?-B and ?-I to make text bold and